Tuesday, June 02, 2015

"Does That Always Happen to You Here?"

11-4-98 W 4:08 PM
Shirelle and I are at the Petit Greek on Larchmont.  We picked up my medicine and rented "Beau Geste," "Seven Years in Tibet," and "Primary Colors."  As we walked down the street, I was looking through a shop window at this blond vamp who noticed me and overtly thrust out her hip and gave me an unmistakeable "try-me" leer.  I laughed.  "What was that?" Shirelle demanded.  I shrugged.  "Larchmont," I said.  "Does that always happen to you here?"  "Yeah," I said.  We sat down at this sidewalk table.  A girl walked by.  "I know that girl from high school," Shirelle said.  "Mika!"  They exchanged some pleasantries.  "This is my finacee, j," she said.  Fiancee?!  It was news to me.  "Hi," I said, letting it go.  We each have a glass of merlot.  Maybe I'll buy a book at Chevalier's as long as I'm splurging.  8:00 PM  I feel bloated as a corpse in the sun.  I have a new student in my class.  He's from Kenya.  His name is Juma.  He can't be too impressed with my teaching.  I don't now why I suck now.  My numbers have steadily declined this year.  My teeth hurt.  What else?  Almost half way.  I'm way behind today.  I have to finish this still and I haven't even done my third-person page.  I bought a copy of Blake's Poems and Prophecies.  Is that it?  The cover was scratched, so I got a deal on it, eighteen dollars instead of twenty-six.  I wanted also Thompson's Rum Diaries.  It was twenty-four bucks, though.  I thought I better wait until it comes out in paperback.  I should have gotten it, though.  That might jump-start my sorry ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home