Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Leather Pants'll Do That

11-7-98 Sa 8:40 PM
Oh, man.  It's my dad's birthday.  I didn't send him a card or anything.  It's hard to think because Shirelle's got on new leather pants, and she's itching to go out and bitching til we do.  My dad wants me to change our flight to Idaho so we can stay a day later.  I think that will cost another hundred and five dollars.  I've already got nearly eight hundred on my card for it now and a strong suspicion that Mac and Bernie won't pay up on their ends.  Whatever.  I've got to save dough still for spending money in the Bahamas.  Anyway.  Shirelle and the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper drove out to Montebello to pick up the car I rented for Mac and return it for him.  I said I had a secret plan after that, and I took us to Formosa, but it was closed.  I had a backup plan.  We proceeded to Miyagi's.  It was closed, too.  So much for my master plan.  We stopped at Red Rock.  I spent fifty-four dollars on food and drink.  Saw #1 Ohio State lose to Michigan State.  Beat the GIP at cricket.  Talked to a couple of army vets fresh back in the states from Bosnia, in LA for the first time.  Shirelle told them I was on "Jeopardy" and one of them was asking for my autograph.  Duhr.  I was embarrassed, even though he seemed earnest.  That's when we decided to leave.  He had said he was going to apply to the LAPD.  I didn't say anything about that.  Anyway.  We drove to Q's in West LA.  I thought I might arrange the "Jeopardy" party for there, but no manager was available with whom to discuss it.  Whatever.  We played pool.  I won both games.  We played a few rousing games of air hockey.  We had some controversy because it ended in a tie when I scored after GIP lost his paddle.  He said it should be time out.  I said it should be like when you drop your stick in real hockey, keep playing.  I won the next two games anyway.  Shirelle's smoking all my pot and complaining.  Whatever.  I won't get to work on Jim tonight.  I probably won't even get to do my third-person page.  Won't get to exercise, either.  Now Shirelle says let's go to April and Adam's and watch "Beau Geste."  That beats the hell out of Miyagi's.  I guess I should cut my losses.  Come back and write afterward.  I think Rawler will be coming out tamale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home