Monday, May 12, 2014

Sa 4:40 PM 6-27
My hands are shaky.  I've got blisters on my fingers.  I went to the batting cages this morning.  I had him turn it up to ninety.  I popped up any I hit.  I'm at Border's Books and Music now.  I'm going to get a gift certificate for GIP's brother's graduation BBQ.  Thing said he's going to move out.  I haven't had anything to drink yet today.  My sister is supposed to be picking me up to go to a club with some of her girlfriends.  Tink material?  Thea left Augie.  A girl by the window makes freaky faces at her laptop.  A not-very-attractive young woman, I guess you call her, is studying a text book. I'm a cad.    Shirelle has been calling and I've not been answering.  Mac stopped by this morning to use the phone and take some of my weed.  I said, "I guess my Mac vacation is over."
"What?" he asked, hurt.
"I'm just teasing you," I said.
"Where are your golf clubs?"
"Yeah.  There in my truck, motherfucker."
I'm amped up on coffee.  All I've eaten is a bagel.  I started to think about explaining Shirelle.  Maybe I shouldn't try.  We drive each other crazy.  Beer.  Bear.  Should I write a page at the BBQ?  What am I gonna wear tonight?  I'll leave time after the BBQ to write my page before Bern gets here.  Gold-painted cardboard stars hang on strings from the ceiling.  One of the blisters, the one on my right ring finger (Is that the wedding-ring finger?) is a blood blister.  A girl in a summer dress just sat down pressing a sigh out of me.  She looked in my direction, stifled a yawn and scratched her nose like a girl.  I avoided eye contact with her.  Beer.  What else?  An Asian couple sits at the table next to me.  I don't understand what they're saying.  It looks like she wants to go, but he's not ready.  He's leafing through a book while she presses her fingers against her eyes.  The summer dress girl has a book called Reading People and another called Diary.  She's sipping at some chilled blended fruit drink and eating some kind of cookie.  She's pretty.  Petite.  I guess I should get up now and get that certificate and go to the BBQ. I don't want to leave because of the girl.   I wish I had the balls to talk to her, invite her along.  What if I dropped a note on her table that said, "If you weren't here, I would have left a long time ago."?  Her skin's a bit acned.  She just stifled a cough.  I got enough problems on my hands.  I stifled a laugh.  She just got up and left.  She didn't look at me.  A black dude with dirty shoes watched her go.  Then we looked at each other and tacitly commiserated.  Time for me to go, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home