Monday, April 21, 2014

Not a Laugh to Speak of

Tuesday June 16 6:55 PM
At night school class again.  My students are taking their final exams.  I'll be giving the same test tomorrow for whoever couldn't make it today.  I don't know what we'll do Thursday.  Have a party, I guess.  Watch a video.  What else?  I already typed for fifteen minutes about the dull events of the day.  Hard to believe a whole day can go by with so little of noteworthiness occurring.  There wasn't a laugh or remarkable moment to speak of.  I sat grimly through it.  Filled out report cards until I got sick of it.  Did a whole six of them.  I'll have those and cumes to do for each student before the week ends, before the school year ends.  What else?  I don't really feel like writing, don't want to bother with the details.  I'm not great thinker.  I didn't have the balls when it came down to it.  And whenever I had the balls, I didn't have the determination.  Always one elusive ingredient.  The students are starting to bring me their completed exams.  It's getting a little noisy.  What else?  I have to call Shirelle when I get home.  Half of me thinks she's bad news, and the other half thinks love is too hard to find to risk losing her.       Round and round the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel.    I'm not breathing too well.  Father's Day is coming up.  What else?  There's no way I'm going to think up enough stuff to fill in these three pages.  I wonder if they have that Artist's Way sequel at Borders.  I was there the other day to get a gift certificate for my T. A., but I didn't think to look for it.  I almost bought the All the Pretty Horses follow-up, but I decided to wait.  I walked around the CDs, but there was  nothing I desperately needed to have.  Got some taco gas.  I pour a little olive oil in a pan and then I add some chopped onion, then I put in a tortilla and let it sizzle and turn it over and sprinkle on some cheddar and garlic salt and cayenne to melt into the cheese, put on the diced chicken, turn down the heat, scoop the onions onto it, take it out of the pan, put in spinach leaves, Pico Pica sauce, and sour cream, and mmm mmm good, got that crunchy, flaky shell. 
It's taking me so long to do this, I'm not going to be able to read any Augie March.  Only one person is left still taking the test.  I'll probably get out of here about a half hour early.  What will I do tonight?  Got some Jim idears baking, but I don't think they're ready to come out yet.  That's what I should have been writing about. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home