Friday, May 09, 2014

6-26-98 8:47 pm f
At the Pizza Show on Hawthorne Blvd.  I like the place, though the waitress was a little persnickety about me changing the channel from CourtTV to the Angel game, and there are three cops in here.  I wanted to order a pitcher of beer, but I thought the old biddy might make some comment about me having a pitcher of beer all to myself that might attract the attention of the cops.  /  9:12 PM  That old bitch put the check down and vanished when I still got dessert coming to me as part of my combo plate.  She charged me a quarter more for my slice than what it says on the menu.  /  After this I'm going up to the 352 Club on 132nd Street.  The other two waitresses are nice-looking.  What else?  Tired again already.  I napped all afternoon.  One of the pretty girls was looking at me.  I said, "How ya doin'?"
"Fine," she said, "How are you?"  She had an accent.
"Fine, thanks.  Where are you from?" 
"The Czech Republic," she said and picked up my check and money. 
"What brings you to America?"  "What?" She doesn't understand.  "Why did you decide to come to America?" 
She shrugs, turns her pursed lips down.  "To see it." 
"For the adventure?" 
"Everyone wants to see America."
Her name is Micah.  Derb and GIP just walked in.
"Is Cindy still anorexic?" GIP asks. 
"She fasted for forty days," says Derb.  [ink drawing of Derb]  Derb's talking about a dog reading a book and kicking a guy's ass for vengeance.  "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." 
10:50 PM
"I don't see you, so don't pretend to be there."  This new bar we've come to has bumper stickers all over.  The bathroom was wallpapered with Playboy cartoons.  The Czech girl was married.  "Down on Main Street".  I thought Thing and I were going to the Bounty.  He said, "Let me just put on some pants," and went in his room and closed the door about forty minutes ago.  I guess we're not going.  What'll I do instead, then, paint?  They deal to one another from the bottom of the deck of promises.  Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band "Fire Inside". 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home