Friday, February 07, 2014

4-17-98 F 10:55 AM
"Art froms that appeal to modern leftist intellectuals tend to focus or sordidness, defeat, despair..."
--Unibomber Manifesto

4-21-98 Tu 10:45 AM
I thought I had lost this journal.  It was mixed in with a bunch of other books behind my desk here in my classroom.  I only found it because we're straightening up for Open House today.  I was all out of sorts not having it these last few days.  I even walked up here Saturday and hopped the fence to get into my classroom to see if it was on my desk.  Who knows what startlingly profound revelations have been lost to posterity in the its absence?  The kids are doing their Stanford 9 tests.  Guess I'll just have a banana and a Nutri-bar for lunch.  We've got to get some current work up on the bulletin boards.  What else?  I have to wait around here until four o'clock.  I'll read some more Herzog in that time.  I doubt many parents will come.  The principal will be in, though.  Glorious called last night fishing for a date.  She said she had an anxiety attack at school.  She was hyperventilating, and her face went numb, and she couldn't move her arms, so they called the paramedics.  She's got a month stress leave and may sue her district, she says.  I offered calm reasurrances, but my selfish mind was screaming to get off the phone with the crazy b---h and watch the Rat Pack concert on TVLand.  What else?  I've got to read more to my kids.  What else?  Scab in left nostril.  Have to work at 6ix tonight.  I have milk and Graham crackers in the faculty lounge fridge.  You can see how intersting my life is.  Octavio Paz has died.  The paper said he plummed the dpeth of the Mexican psyche.  I plum depths, don't I?  I just don't come up with anything.  Paz found beautiful corals, wondrous creatures, golden treasures, sunken ships, bottomless abysses.  Me? : Dark, shallow water, nothing but sand.       What else?  Have to take these videos back to the library.  I already wrote about my weekend in my fifteen minutes of typing each day.  No need to re-hash it here.  I wonder if I can finish this journal by my 30th birthday.  Wonder if I can take Jim to p. 50 by then.  I should focus more on Tink.  It's all confused and wacked now.  How about Herzog commenting on Spinoza's depression with random thoughts?  That applies to me. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home