Wednesday, December 04, 2013

3-31-98 12:25 PM Mon
Kids are doing silent reading.  I have an inflamed taste bud.  I slept at Shirelle's last night.  She made some BBQ chicken wings.  We watched some of "The Choir Boys." It was embarrassingly bad.  Yesterday we watched the marathoners go by from the Denny's at Wilshire and Western.  Then we took the Red Line downtown and rode the Angel's Flight funicular up to the Museum of Contemporary Art.  A lot of it is just crap.  We had some cocktails at Otto's and rode home again on the subway.  I took a nap, read the paper, listened to the Dodgers beat the Angels, read Proverbs about wisdom and foolishness, wrote some, water colored a little, and went up to Shrill's.  Mostly blue sky today.  We're doing testing practice.  I skipped lunch.  I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.  What else?  I guess I'll go to the Beverly Hills library after school today.  See if I can get those California tax forms.  Sindy and Sandra are having a fight.  Sandra wrote a poem in Spanish.  I translate:

poems of 1998 for my house
less my amigas locas and don't
know nothing of my life because
they are mean, bad witches
they use pistols and smoke
and take beer and they sell
drugs.  and they are bad
with children and they don't
believe in God.
     For little Sindy     from nobody.

--Sandra Alonso, 3rd Grade, 8 years old

What else?  I'm hungry.  What can I eat that won't fatten me any further?  I have to drop off film and get new batteries for my camera at lunch tomorrow.  What else?  Haven't gotten to read any Herzog since I was stuck in that horrible "Kill Kill Kill the White Man" seminar where the gringo-hater was flipping me off.  What else?  The kids broke my Kachina doll.  They've broken pretty much everything I have brought to class.  I have to work tonight, natch.  I'll do my writing when I get home from the library.  I'm not a great man.  I'm a fool.  I'm not wise.  I'm a fool.  I met Julia for an editing session at El Coyote on Wednesday.  Maybe I'll take Tuesday off.  Maybe I won't.  Will I walk to work tonight?  No, because I have to go to the office.  What else?  Will I sleep at home tonight?  We'll see. I need new cloths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home