Monday, February 03, 2014

4-16-98 Th 4:00 PM
Ug.  On the sidewalk in front of Louise's Trattoria on Larchmont.  Ate some pasta.  Now I'm having a latte.  Something gay about that word makes you want to go all limp-wristed and hold your pinky erect.  Going to get my prescription next.  Then I guess I'll head home and do that third-person page and listen to the end of the Dodger game.  I feel like I can't afford this meal, so I'm not enjoying it.   "...kind of small-towny..." I heard a guy say as he walked by.  Trying to be like a Paris expatriate out here on the sidewalk at the cafe, pigeons flying around.  Where are the pretty girls today?  Shall I do the crossword here?  The price is going up on the parking.  I got a new student today, a Yugoslavian refugee, first white kid I've ever had in one of my full-time classes.  Ugh.  What else?  A lady draped her LA Weekly over her bicycle frame while she went in for ice cream next door.  The pages started to blow away, so I weighted it down under one of the chairs at the table.  When she came out she thanked me and said I was sweet.  "Yeah, sure," I said.  What the f__k else?  Wish I could pay for a few glasses of wine without feeling any guilt.  F--k.  Herzog is going to visit Ramona.  She sounds pretty hot.  You see--he has it good, but tortures himself.  Like me.  I could go for a f--k soon.  I went to Shirelle's last night, but she was playing games with me.  Just to f--k with me or rather not to.  Then when I was leaving this morning she says, "Leaving so early?"  I was gonna give you some sex."  I had already told myself f--k it, though, and I left.       The village has no potential today.  The poetic souls are at the non-corporate cafe down the street anyway.  I write sh-t.  I think sh-t.  Therefore I am sh-t.  Could go for a smoke.  Supposed to meet Modchill maybe for a drink.  That looked like Linda Ashour driving away.  I should walk to work tonight, but I proably won't.  Wish I could paint.  What the f--k else?  Catherine?  Like to go to the batting cages soon.  Like to golf.  Like to have a nice fistfight.  Had to take some pseudoepinephrine to quell the gush of snot from my nose.  Awnings.  I like awnings.  6:10 PM  I was telling the children that historians would some day trace the fall of American civilization to the abolition of corporal punishment in public schools.  I saw my TA regard me with an impassive eye.  I said, "Or maybe I'm being too cycnical."  "No!" she said.  Oh, f--k it.  I'm whupped.  Beat. Out of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home