Wednesday, January 22, 2014

4-13-98 11:15 PM M
In bed.  Read some Herzog.  More about bitch Madeline.  Read a Playboy cover to cover.  Worked on Jim a little today.  Got to do the hamburger conflict with Fleming next.  Pointless, though, it is.  Got Brahms in the CD player.  That's all I know.  Wish I could paint tonight.  Ate a lot of shit today.  Jack in the Box and KFC.  I'll take that coat to the cleaners tomorrow.  Got to go to the LACAS office again tomorrow.  I really want a good idea for a painting.  Called the pharmacy today.  I need to switch to a new doctor.  Get a physical, a blood test.  Slim Jim Phantom spoke of Copper Canyon in Mexico.  Spoke of driving to Brazil.  Said we should have dinner.  What else?  Wish I could write some good short stories.  I'll finish this journal at school tomorrow.  I wonder if the Dodgers won.  No meat tomorrow. 
4-14-98 Tu 11:15 AM
Fighting an urge for Taco Bell; wanted to make Tuesdays and Thursdays fruit and veggie days.  It seems impossible.  I got ham back at the house.  I got pasta there.  Why fight it?  Just a couple of 99-cent gorditas.  There's a staff meeting today.  Going to read some HerzogNY Times Review of Books.  No LA Times today. 
I went to the market and bought an apple.  Then I remembered I would be after school an extra hour because of the meeting, so I got the two 99-cent gorditas.  I have to pick up my coat from the cleaners.  They'll get the wrinkles out but can't alter the shoulders like I want.  I have to pick up my prescription at Larchmont.  I have to find a doctor around here, get a physical.  I haven't smoked since like a week ago.  Sat with Gabi Mango at lunch today.  What else?  Burkina Faso.  I should work as much as I can this summer.  I have to go to the LACAS office today and decide, find out if I still can.  The paperwork was due over a week ago.  It may be too late.  What else?  Testing one two three.  All the kids are reading.  Some of them are reading the Mad books I brought.  Not quite public-school appropriate.  I wrote a letter to my parents in Idaho.  I sent a post card to "Jeopardy!"  Mailed 500 bucks to Sacramento because I was too stupid to make any deductions, and then it was too late.  I walked to work.
8 PM
Kids are rolling toy cars across the floor of the class.  My hands are covered with a fine layer of chalk dust.  I just want to chill at home tonight.  It sure took a long time to fill this book.  It's a pretty boring book, too.  How can I make the next one better?  I forgot to ask about teaching summer school.  Urgh.  I'm going to be poor.  I guess I can sub at Leo Politi.  What else?  What else?  What else?  There's cheesecake in the fridge.  I walked a couple miles today.  What else?  Dodgers will be on against the Rockies when I get home.  I've been writing in these things for two and a half years now.  Third person, comp book, Jim, Coydogs.  What else?  Chilly today.  Shirelle...What about Shirelle?  Rent movies.  Ugh.  It doesn't work, does it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home