Sunday, June 16, 2013


11-20 2:20 PM Th
I'm sitting stuffed like a turkey at Papa Rico's.  I had not enough cash for my lunch and there was a seven-dollar minimum for credit card transactions, so I ordered cannelloni and meatball sub.  Things are very complicated.  Shirelle and I have undergone a complete role reversal.  Suddenly after four years she says the relationship will go nowhere and I say how good it will be.  I realize what a mean-hearted, distrustful jackass I have been.  Shirelle, the dream girl, beautiful, sexy, hot, horny, loves to cook, will do all cleaning, devoted to her man, only needs to be shown a good time every few days or so.  I, the dullard, the plodder, the cynic, the hypercritic, the stick in the mud, the selfish, lazy, do-nothing asshole.  How did she put up with me so long?  How could I have been so blind?  She is energetic, vivacious, motivated.  She has star power.  I am negative, fearful and convinced of my own mediocrity.  Am I ready for wedlock and a child?  Is it ready for me?  Ugh ick ack urgh.  I saw Katherine Beuerlein today.  I am going to call her.  As if things weren't complicated enough.  Friday I said I would meet up with Galvan.  Shirelle is supposed to call that same night. 
11-23 Su 7:14 PM
I woke up and drank a cup of coffee that had been in the pot since yesterday.  I brought the paper in off the porch.  Glorious found an ad in the paper for an exhibition of Mexican masters at the county museum of art.  She sat on my lap and I told her we would go.  I shaved with no cream; just scraped the stubble off.  My skin is much tougher now.  I no longer get a rash on my neck.  We went to brunch in Marina Del Rey.  We drank champagne and read the newspaper and did the crossword puzzles.  I think Glorious is in love.  She doesn't see yet how sadly conceited I am.  We watched a documentary on Frida Kahlo at the museum.  It was fascinating and excruciating.  I felt close to Glorious.  I felt like we could save each other.  Then I saw her as Frida to my Diego, naturally.  She stroked my thigh while we watched.  Mazio Moreno was at the museum.  Glorious is downstairs talking to Carlin.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home