Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pot Farmers?


9-25 8:55 AM Thursday
The kids are writing cinquains about the rain. 
"I was frumpy, now I'm fabulous" is the subject on "Sally" today here in Tam's Chinese Garden right next to my school and Choe's dry cleaners.  Cars splash through the rain on Olympic.  I bought a newspaper.  I'm supposed to go out for a Mexican food with Sheryl Powers and Stacy McDowell after class tonight.  I figured I better get lunch since I won't be eating again until nine.  Still, if I had any will power, I would have skipped lunch, had an apple after school, and waited until dinner.  I'm tired.  I can't think.  I'm a loser. 
This has gotten so hard to do lately.  There's nothing to say.  Who cares that I'm sitting in the dark waiting for Stacy to finish up her class so I can see if we're still going out now that Sheryl didn't come to school tonight.  I wanted to ask them both about how they get by only teaching nights.  I want to see if I can make it viable for myself to stay home all day and write.  Give up my day job for a few years.  Fantasy.  There's a puddle under my feet left from the edge of hurricane Nora, though it's no longer raining.  The power was out when I got home from school today and stayed out 'til I left for class tonight, so I didn't get to type.  Wouldn't have stopped Mark Twain.  I was thinking I should get a typewriter and type one do-or-die, no-going-back page every day, like the old masters used to do it. 
We're at El Cholo now.  I was asking Stacy how she manages on a night school salary.  I was telling her how I was making massive credit payments to offset "the reign of terror".
9-29 M 10:30 AM
Just dumped a smelly load into the commode here at Dublin's.  Still sitting here with a Camel and this notebook.  I wonder how many gallons of puke have swirled out of here?  Tim Modchill just smoked my ass in three straight pool games.  He wants me to go with him to Howard Hughes old house in Marina Del Rey to meet his friend and do drugs in the basement of a bar called Renee's on the Westside.  My plan was to sit home, drink beer, smoke pot, write, and monitor the Dodger/Rocky and Giant/Padre games.  Tim's a new teacher at Wilshire.  He went to Humboldt State.  He said his girlfriend tried to commet suicide and he had to have her airlifted from his house.  I said, "What's the Humboldt mascot?  Pot Farmers?  Skunks?"
He said they're the Loggers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home