Friday, January 11, 2013

9-22 Mon 2:10 PM
I'm sitting at a table with Damnesia Harkins, 9, Tera Pascascio,7, Dijonia Victor, 8, Jeancarae Sullivan, 8, Alana Johnson,8, and Marlin Manchester, 8.  Marlin informs me that he will be nine next week. They are writing sentences with their vocabulary words.  I've got to go to night school early enough to get the kits for the second unit set up.  I guess I'll have to leave the house around five.  Turn in my attendance and time card.  We'll be introducing the past tense this afternoon.  I guess I'll make a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner.  I walked to school this morning.  I had an apple for breakfast.  I had some baby carrots for lunch.  Today I started writing about a party at Pocahontas' house that Jim and Aaron go to.  I'd like to work on that more tonight.  Didn't smoke yesterday.  Wheezed all night anyway.  Dreamt about being stuck with a group waiting for a bus in the hills around Universal Studios.  Someone else was in charge.  I sneaked away over a fence and jumped off the steep hill into a tree where I was swinging around on a vine and couldn't find a way to get down.  I was worried I would fall.  I couldn't see the ground below through the leaves.  The city on the valley floor spread out in the distance.  Then I woke up.  Shirelle shaved my face in the shower.  I wore a tie today.  She reminded me not to wear my white shirt because I don't want to mess it up before the wedding.  I have to go to Payless Drug today or tomorrow to pick up my prescription.  Still need to find out about the Rolex.  Still need to get vitamins and shoe polish.  What else?  I've got a short story to read today.  It's called "What the Thunder Said" by Janet Peery, and it's from The Best American Short Stories of 1993.  Julia and Kathleen and I decided to bring updated plot outlines to workshop in three weeks.  What else?  I hope my Visa bill came today.  I see the back end of a yellow bus out my back window.  I wonder how much longer the leaves will be on that sycamore.  The Dodgers are off tonight.  The Giants play in San Diego.  When I get home, I'll type for fifteen minutes and do my '92 page.  When I finish that '92 journal next month, I ought to try some new routine.  I don't know what yet, though.  I want to check out Leimet Park one day.  I want go back to New York again soon.  I want to go to Chicago.  London.  I should talk to Jim. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home