Thursday, January 31, 2013

10-3 F 11:43 AM
Jack in the Box on Wilshire near La Brea.  I returned the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich they gave me yesterday for the Ultimate Cheeseburger it was supposed to be.  After school today I'm going to drive down to the charter office.  Then I'll settle down to watch some baseball and write and read and not go out.  Try not to let Shirelle's bats in my belfry.  The air conditioning in here is a little too chilly.  There's a Miracle Mile sign outside the window.  Sycamore Tailor is [written in an arrow] around the corner.  There's a sign for BARCELO'S-INCOME TAX-INSURANCE-NOTARY PUBLIC.  The IMMANUEL MISSION CHURCH is across the street.  Across from that is a Bank of America [logo].  PLEASE HELP US KEEP THIS NEIGHBORHOOD LITTER-FREE.  [Jack in the Box logo and THANK YOU drawn in some logo letters].


6:47 PM At home now on the floor at the coffee table.  Today there is a bottle of Tylenol on the table and a packet of Primatene Mist tablets with the tablets removed and my watch and the New York Review of Books.  What else?  Got the game on.  The dreaded Giants are up one zip in the sixth.  Guess I'll have a puff soon.  Do the '92 page. It's actually '93 now.  Do my one page.  Develop the flashback within the flashback.  Read some Naked and the Dead, the Mailer bio.  Next Friday, I meet with Julia and Kathleen at Borders.  Should I make tacos with my leftovers or just have grapes for dinner?  I sweated for a half hour on my treadmill.  What else?  No pink on the horizon tonight.  Just hit the char.  Didn't do much.  Jim had been sitting in the employee lunch patio eating a hamburger in his costume.  They were supposed to change out of their costumes before they ate.  Rule number seven:  Thou shalt not eat in thy Goofy suit.  He'd already spilled ketchup down the orange vest--Devon White just hit a grand slam. 
Mr. Zannat asked if I played basketball.  I said I was pretty white.  That's not too professional.  Fernandez just struck out Bonds while Johnson tossed out Mueller trying to steal.  It was beautiful.  I could do more push-ups this time.  Did I just hear Joe Morgan suggest that Jim Leyland is out-managing Dusty Baker?  Kent just cracked one.  That Bonds DP was huge.  MVP:  Charles Johnson.  We'll see.  I should call baseball games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home