Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Backyard on Keniston

7-27 Su 1:?
My hand is wet from washing a peach.  I'm in the backyard.  The old breeze does its old rustle in the old.  "Go around the street and ask 'em what it is?"  Carli brought this loose-skinned, pinkish, orangeish, leathery bag full of wet red seeds. The inside looked a little like bread.  "I wonder if it's a breadfruit," I said. 
After this, I'll shoot baskets for a half hour.  I told Carlin I was thinking of going up to the Korean BBQ place.  She said she wanted to go.  I asked when she would be back from the party in Highland Park.  She said around five.  I said, "Are you going to be mad if I don't want to go anymore?"  She said yes.  I hear some jazz piano in the neighbor's backyard.  I've got a Dutch movie to watch called "Antonia's Line."  I brought a book out here with me called I'll Tell You a Tale.  I'm going to read one before I play basketball.  I called the pharmacy.  I don't know if I can pick up my inhaler today.  The guy on the phone didn't know whether or not they had to call my doctor first.  I told him that before they changed me over from Thrifty, I never had to through this whole calling the doctor business.  He left me on hold a long time and hung up.  I still have to read the Bible today.  What will tie me over until Korean BBQ time?  What else?  Could draw the LeBaron in the driveway with it top down next to the garage, the triangle of the roof, the boards' straight lines, the circle of the basketball hoop, crisscross of net, square on rectangle of backboard, squares on rectangle doors, seams in the driveway, cinderblock bricks to keep doors from blowing open, oil-soaked concrete where Carlin parks her car, a wasp landed there, green hose, mesh fence, mesh hammock, old brick BBQ, wood fence, whitewashed wall.  Not much.  Blades of grass.  What else?  Tomorrow, back to the routine.  Tonight I pray for something to care for.  Would like to go out drunk and eat and talk.  Some neighborhood hangout. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home