Thursday, July 26, 2012

7-25-97 Farifax and Sixth

7-25-97 8:07 PM F
From Molly Malone's on Fairfax and Sixth.  Was at the museum earlier.  Saw an old garage, lithographs, sarcophagi, Michael banishing Lucifer.
Mac Zurn called to leave some crowd noise on the answering machine from City Walk where he was watching Jim Rome's radio show.
Oliver was in the museum courtyard waiting for someone, a girl, before an Emmy dinner or something.  I'd just stepped off the elevator from the third floor exhibitions down to the jazz plaza when his bald head appeared.  We talked nothing.  I had a Carlsburg.  He asked about Shirelle.  I asked about Dimona. He said they were on the rocks.  I took a couple of pics.  A guy joined us.  Michael.  "The one that banished Lucifer?" I asked. He knitted his eyebrows.  "The one and only," said Oliver.  I got a merlot.  A girl came.  Said her name was Samantha.  I got another merlot.  Mike had some weed in his car.  I got another merlot.  We walked to the car.  Samantha wanted me to take her picture.  I obliged.  We went in her white Beemer to Mike's CRX with the club locked on the steering wheel, but the windows down and the weed in the glovebox.  Stoners.  Puffed a zagged pipe.  Rummaged through the debris on the floor.  Was a Polaroid of a homely tomboy in front of a mulcher.  I raised my eyebrows at him.  "Not anymore," he said. 
What else?  Espied two girls down the bar.  'Proached the dart game.  Were playin' cricket.  Bartender face-to-face with barwoman. 
Budweiser in a shamrock, drawn.  BUSHMILLS MALT Bartender snickers. JAMESON PREMIUM IMPORTED WHISKEY     Tatoo BLACKBUSH  NASHVILLE INSIDE The Smoother Sip From The World's Oldest Distillery  Come sail away Come sail away Come sail away with me. Sip. 
The bar drawn, worthy of the museum, in black ink, impressionist lines of bottles and lager glasses and wine glasses , the clock the bartender in beret, the smoking old drunk the ashtray, the highball of ice, the Camel ashtray napkins, the hand holding the pen over the journal...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home