Monday, June 25, 2012

Th 7-17 12:20 PM
Room thirty-three.  Leo Politi Elementary still.  Not much has changed since I last wrote here.  All I can think about is lunch vs. the flab around my belly:  Great Thinker, I am.  I wish I didn't have to work tonight.  I would drink and carouse.  As it is, I will only be writing and watching a video called "The City of Lost Children."  It has unusual costume and set designs.  One of the characters is a brain in an aquarium. 
Pollo Loco for lunch?  El Taurino.  Next week when I have money, I'll eat at one of those Korean Barbecues.        How will I ever write three pages?  We read a play this morning about a toymaker who fools a mean giant into leaving their town by convincing him he has a disease.  What else?  In The Shipping News, Quoyle had taken his job as a New Foundland reporter.  I like it.
What is it about the last name Lemus that afflicts its bearers with lame-assedness?  This kid Lemus in here is a lameass.  The coffee was the color of Colorado floodwaters.      This is book 17.  Here's a drawing I copied crudely off the cover of a schoolbook called Poetry Works

It's a picture of a frog eyeballing a butterfly.  What else?  Ten minutes until lunch.  There's a so much stupid kid chatter in here, you can't hear yourself think.  That's a line from John Keats.     "Okay," I bellow, "Who's gonna be the first person to line up for lunch?  The first person will beeeeeeee.....Ana!  The second person will beeeee....Ronald.  The third person will beeee....Thuy."  Like that. 
I'm in Pollo Loco.  I got the four-piece with corn and rice and a classic chicken burrito with iced tea.  Ten-dollar fast food lunch.  That's me.  I got my book with me and a half hour 'til class starts again.  The old LA homes smell like kimchi.  The barber shop says [Korean Writing and a drawing of a barber pole].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home