Friday, May 25, 2012

7-13 Su 5:50 PM
Carlin and I are at El Cholo on Western.  She asks, "Do you believe in God?"
I say, "I don't know what you mean?"  "DO YOU BE-LIEVE IN GOD?" she asked again, enunciating each syllable like I was old or deaf or dumb or didn't understand English.
"No one can really know what anyone else means when they use the word "God".  No one knows what God means, and the people that claim to are the least believable of all, so your question is impossible to answer.  If you're talking about the God in the Bible, no, I don't really believe in that literally, though I don't a hundred percent rule it out.  But if were talking about something that those stories are trying to symbolize, I'm inclined to believe there may be something."
That seemed to satisfy her.  Or maybe the food came.  Anyway, now I'm in bed.  I put half a page to Jim and Aaron tonight, but not as much as I should have.  I won't have everything ready for Sharon tomorrow.  I've got KCRW on the clock radio.  They're playing Irish music--haunting stuff.       Dennis Reyes won his debut for the Dodgers against the Giants today. The Giants were throwing their ace, Shawn Estes, too.  What else?  Aaron wants to know why Jim is asking so many sex questions.  Why ask about the fingerbang and not the fuck?  What's Jim's response?  I read about the measurements and talents of gold in Solomon's Temple today. 

[Here is drawn the compass and right angle and captial G (what's that for?) of the Masonic logo).  It's all about bringing structure and order out of chaos, isn't it?  My camera needs a new battery.  It will have to wait until after I get paid Friday.  Tomorrow I must call Jackie Fane.  Jim says, "I don't know. It's fascinating, isn't it?  Sex controls us. We're taught to resist, but we can't, and that's a good thing or no one would ever be born.  Why's there so much hokey religious voodoo tied up with it? I used to ask people to tell me about when they lost their virginity, but it's usually just some half-drunken teenage "and then I put it in" story.  The touching before that is more amazing I guess, cuz it generally happens at a younger age, before the mystery is weakened."
I photographed my dresser today.  I'm going to read more essays on Imagination and Reality after this.  More Friedmann, too.  I have time before lights out.
What else?  I didn't write yesterday.  During the day, what did I do?  I woke up.  I read the paper.  I ate cereal. What else?  Shirelle tow truck incident. Or was that Friday? I really don't care.  I just want to be done with this and I don't care what it says.  Blah blah blither blather.  I saw Mars and the Big Dipper last night.  Was jealous of Steve's house, wife, life.  I played a little guitar today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home