Wednesday, May 02, 2012

7-8-97 Tu 12:15 PM
Lunch time at Leo Politi.  I had a bran muffin at recess.  I think I can make it to after school without eating.  Maybe I'll go get an iced tea, though, when I'm done.  Or maybe I'll take a nap.  There's a kid named Luis staring at me while I write this.  Or maybe I should find a Taco Bell.  No.  No.  Night school.  Can I do 'ninety-two when I get home or will I have to nap?  My breathing sucks lately.  They're having BBQ chicken fillet sandwiches in the cafeteria.  I'm fatter than I've ever been.  I'm going to have diabetes.  If I don't eat lunch, I can read Writing Through Dark.  What else?  Crap.  I haven't even finished page one.  What can I write here?  The breeze sways sickly oleander.  We learned the Star Spangled Banner and the Battle of Fort McHenry today.  We also read a Chinese story about a brass pot which doubles whatever you put in it.  The couple that found it kept doubling their money.  Then one day, the wife fell in.  It was kind of a pointless story.  What else?           Cookies baking...ordered onto a chair with a toy gun...What else?  Ugh.  I'm too tired to think.  I had shitty asthma last night.  Tonight is the All-Star game, but I have to teach.  Last night, I was met with quite a few blank faces.  They just want to magically know English.  If I close my eyes, I'm gone.  What else?  Twenty-five more minutes and lunch is over.  I have no money and no time.  Chronos said if I'm not dead, I'm a big turd for missing Mao's wedding.  I've got to call Jamesy Fain when I get home.  What else?  Friday, I'll go to the lithograph display at LACMA and sit on the patio and drink wine and listen to jazz and write and draw.  What else?  I should have asked for dictionaries or a key to the cabinet.  -  What else?  This entry sucks.  It's cuz I'm so tired.  My asthma is killing me.  I hope I live to be at least eighty and nothing keeps me from writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home