Saturday, April 21, 2012

Naked Circus

"Well, you shouldn't do that," he said and left me.
"Well, you shouldn't do that out there," he said and left me in my room.
Monica and I had been on the side of the house by the gate taking turns looking down each other's underpants.  I don't think I was tall enough to reach the little hole in the gate where the cord went through to unlatch it. I saw some pudge with a line down it.  I don't remember how we got around to it, what was said, whose idea it was.  Next thing I knew, my dad had me by the elbow and he scolded us and sent Monica away.
Around that time, a friend of my mom's and dad's was in town.  I think it was Mickey Brophie.  He had brought a camper.  He was going to the circus.  I wanted to go.  My mom said I wasn't invited.  I pestered.  She said I was rude.  The guy said it was okay.  I got to go.  But when we got there, the circus was sold out.  I was disconsolate.  They bought me a plastic jeweled pirate sword, so I would be a good sport about it. 
Anyway, after that, I would draw pictures of the circus from what I'd seen in books, but after seeing the pudge in Monica's pants, I would draw all the people naked.  It was a naked circus.  Two circles with two dots in 'em were tits.  I draw a vertical line through a circle for the pussy. The ring master had a dick.  This was in the second grade.  Even then, we always found naked magazines in people's garages.  Ronny Martin showed us his dad's Penthouses in a box.  I had dreams about naked people in garages.  I told Keith about it on the way to school.  We agreed it would be good to see more naked people, as long as we could keep our clothes on ourselves. 
_
What else?  I sawr a baby squirrel make his way along the electric wires out the window.  A crow landed and the kitchen blew a fuse.  Shirelle made tacos.  After this, I'll shoot some hoops.  The phone rings.  Thing says, "Hey, Z, it's Shirelle."  I picked up the phone.  She opens with, "So why'd you kick me out?"
"Cuz I want to write."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home