Friday, December 30, 2011

Th 6-19 Noon
I couldn't get out of bed early enough to do my fifteen minutes before school as planned. Shirelle came over around midnight and spent the night. McGoo and I went to the Dodger/Angel game. It was a good homer-filled see-saw battle in which the Los Angeles team prevailed at the end on Billy Ashley's eighth-inning, come-from-behind shot into the bleachers. Zeile, Mondesi, and Salmon also homered. I had a brief conversation with a nice looking gal about my age and her friend. She said she lived in a loft downtown. "Oh, in a loft? Are you an artist?" she said she ways. I talked about Oliver a little bit. "So what's fun to do downtown?" I asked. "Nothing," said she. "We're going to the Tiki Lounge," I offered. "That sounds fun," she replied. "We'll meet you there."
When McGoo and I got there, though, the little lounge was full with a line out the door. We decided to skip it.
My camera started working on the way home from school, so I skipped the battery chore. I photographed a Hebrew National Wiener billboard and a seven-story Michael Jordan/Bugs Bunny Space Jam banner unfurled down the side of the Records Storage building on Highland. I also took a picture of a woman peddling oranges among the palms on the median. I got all my writing done and baked some pasta. Today I'll cruise down Cahuenga. I'll get margarita fixings. I need a cover to put my golf clubs on the train. I've got to call the registry for Mao's wedding. Tomorrow is my big interview. I've got to find a Pier One Imports or Robinson's-May to get a gift for the Ball wedding. I've got to pay my bills tomorrow. Thing says he'll take me to the station Saturday and we can stop at the Pantry for breakfast on the way. Tonight my students are coming to the house to celebrate the last day of class. I can't let them stay late, though, because I need to be sharp tomorrow. I have to turn in my attendance and time card tomorrow, too. Today I have to go to the LACAS office to pick up my class's test scores before class. Tomorrow, Shirelle's friend is throwing a party in a Hollywood mansion. I guess that'll do for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home