Wednesday, October 12, 2011

June 5 Th noon
From a chair waiting in the main office at Leo Politi Elementary School on Olympic near Hoover in the shadow of the downtown high-rises. I'm waiting for the office manager so that I can talk with her about working here full time or at least subbing over the next few weeks.
I've got a little dilemma with the car and the planned trip to the Bay Area. There's a little trouble with the rack and pinion and we want to take HWY ONE on the winding road on the cliffs over the ocean. Hardly the place you want steering woes. Shirelle is pouting like a baby that we may not go.
This office has a very nice aquarium. It's a nice office.
Yeah, so what else? Julia proposed meeting at El Coyote for lunch tomorrow. I e-mailed her about the Frisco trip; if I go, we can't meet. If I don't we can. Duh. I read the whole paper. Last night, I just sat at my desk and read about Israel and Proust on the CDROM encyclopedia.
Getoff and I are at The Living Room now on La Brea. It's one of those pretentious cafes where you're supposed to read and write. All my tragic little conflicts... I ate a scone. I wish I wouldn't have. I'm al burnt as usual. Getoff's reading through the LA Weekly. There's a painting of one topless French-Revolution-Era woman expressionlessly tweaking the nipple of another.
What the fuck else? Aagh I can't think of anything. I wonder what that girl is writing. She seems to be studying something. I'm quite sure I spent enough on the BBQ. I'm quite hapy with my contribution. Don't ask for any dough, Joe. Too bad I gotta work tonight. Fucking cars and paranoia. I feel like kicking the shit out of something. Ten after four. Too bad I can't get drunk. Too bad I have no personality anymore. What happened to my exuberance for life? Why am I such a scared square now? How can I regain some boldness? Where's the courage? I need one of those medals the Wizard gave the Lion in Emerald City.
Ask ick urg fuck. Almost there. Too bad I gotta work tonight. Girls Girls Girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home