Tuesday, March 14, 2023

 

1-25-01 Th 2:23 PM

I dropped off a roll of film to the developer on La Brea. Then I crossed the street to BofA and took out sixty bucks from my checking account. Then I went to the post office and got a one-cent stamp and also mailed Slope Dope to Tim in Los Osos. Got a Double Ultimate Cheeseburger with bacon and mayo, plus French fries. I ordered iced tea, but they gave me Coke or something. I drank it. Suicidal lunch. Urgh. I couldn’t finish a third-person page yesterday. Didn’t work on Jim. I felt unhappy, I don’t know if I couldn’t write because I was unhappy, or if I was unhappy because I couldn’t write.    Rochelle has gone down to her sister’s for the umpteenth time this month. We manage to put an average of a thousand miles a month on that car, even though I ride my bike to work. We don’t want to inconvenience anybody else.  The baby doesn’t always cry in the car. My sister-in-law offered to compensate us for gas. Wasn’t that thoughtful?    Blech. So, I didn’t type this morning, nor did I pack a lunch. Striekes one and two. I guess I’ll get a haircut today. Stop by LACAS and see if the fax from the banner guy has come in. See if May Ahn has printed the Korean translation. Stop by Hoover. See if the keys are there. They won’t be, but I can bug them about it. See who speaks Korean. Do the materials inventory for the daycare. Collect the attendance, take book orders. I have to order some stuff for my third graders with our bilingual money. I have The Crossing to read. Billy shot the wolf before he would let the ladrones abuse her to death to fight dogs. The stupid dream for Jim. Whatever. “2001: A Space Odyssey” is on AMC tonight. Maybe I’ll tape it. So is “Where Eagles Dare.” I’d like to tape that one, too. Maybe I’ll go to the museum tomorrow. [photo of mother and baby]. Christmas morning, ’00: the Wife, the Baby, and the Half Man. But is it the better half. The other half is traipsing the world, carousing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home