Tuesday, February 28, 2023

 

1-17-01 W 2:01 PM

Woke up. Got out of bed. Looked back at the baby’s little, white, nearly hairless head peeping out of the covers. Showered. I over screwed the shower curtain rod trying to extend its length so that it wouldn’t fall all the time, and I broke it. So, I hooked the ring on one end of the curtain to the hinge on the bathroom door and the ring on the other end over a corner of the medicine cabinet so we could shower for now without flooding the tile floor.     I put on a necktie this morning so as to establish a modicum of respectability in my job as CBET Coordinator. Had a bowl of raisin bran. Drank a vitamin with milk. Typed fifteen minutes. Fixed a turkey and cheese sandwich with mayo on toast. Rode my bike to school. On my way in from getting the paper, some lady said she always wants to ask me for my autograph because I look like a movie star, she says. She says her son is in film production. I told her I was flattered and kept walking. We did phonics. Read “Sleeping and Dreaming.” Smolinksi got a hat trick. Dave Winfield and Kirby Puckett were elected to the Hall of Fame. Don Mattingly and Steve Garvey were passed over. Kirk Gibson was dropped altogether. I had forgotten my sandwich at home. I called Rochelle. She said she would bring it up and bring the baby for a visit. I told Phylicia I would need a day off for the funeral tomorrow. We studied place value to the thousands and shapes. The crossword puzzle had a clue, which was “commitment symbol,” and the answer was “ring.” I’ve lost mine during a storm of adulterous fantasy. Ugh. Whatever. I read an Eric Carle story to the class about a hermit crab. I still have to call DWP. I’m home now. After school, I went over to Hoover and whatever. Whatever. It hardly seems important. Huhm. So. I’m here on the couch. Rochelle is sitting next to me doing a crossword puzzle. The baby is swinging now. She was bouncing in the bouncy chair. Now she’s swinging in the swing. I had four chicken wings and three corn tortillas and some corn and cottage cheese for dinner. I’ll read some Crossing when I’m done with this. The Kings beat Toronto. Pittsburgh and Phoenix are tied in the second. I wanted to draw a picture. I have the funeral to go to tomorrow. Third-person page to do. Jim is still under the bridge. Should he dream? Should I smoke? Rochelle poured me a goblet of wine. Should I email Anna?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home