Sunday, February 19, 2023

 1-14-01 Su 6:55 pm

    I rode my bike to Wilshire and Santa Monica, about five miles, I guess. Then I waited for the Rapid Bus. I locked my bike to the rake on front. Didn't have exact change so the driver let me on for the eighty-five cents in my pocket. I rode it a couple miles through the hills of Beverly in Westwood and got off on Bundy. I'm at Q's now and have played a game of trivia in which I would have come in third even if I had not spotted everybody the first question. I'll win the next game. The Raiders choked. There is one squirmy little belly button wandering around here like she'd rather be giving lap dances. I wouldn't talk to her even if I wasn't married. I got a glass of water and a Turkey rocks. I typed fifteen minutes during the first half of the Raider game. "Are you a writer?" the guy next to me asks. "Amateur," I say at the same time he asks, "Professional?" I say, "Someday, maybe someday." I went back to writing. "I'm out," he said and patted me on the shoulder. Nice chap. Lough, he said his name was, spelled it, and said it meant "lake" in Irish. The baby has been an angel today. Her mom takes good care of her. I told her I'd call, and if it wasn't too crazy, maybe she could bring the baby. A loud, driving bass beat pounds the whole bar, even though there aren't many people in here. College crowd. I might be the old person in the joint. Eichmann should have been imprisoned in Germany, not executed in Israel. There was a question about that in the game. I made some chicken wings in the over with all kinds of sauces, honey, hickory, Pickapepa, teriyaki, tabasco, Cholula, that Chinese rooster shit, Lawry's, rosemary, ground black pepper, and cumin. Mmmmmm. We had no bleu cheese nor ranch, so I tried dipping the wings in sour cream. It was a poor substitute. I put most of it back in the container, after I pulled a hair out. :) The palm fronds across the street strive toward teh beach. Does that make it an east wind or a west wind? Or is it north/south around here? I believe it's named for the direction from which it comes, not toward which it blows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home