Thursday, February 02, 2023

 1-8-01 M 2:32 PM

School just let out. It’s raining today. I didn’t have time to go to the post office because lunch is shortened on our rainy-day schedule. Ada has to go to the pediatrician for a new round of injections this afternoon. We can stop and grab stamps while we are out. Looks like I’ll have to leave my bike hereat school since I can’t really ride down Olympic and hold my umbrella at the same time. I saw people ride their bikes under their umbrellas in some little Costa Rican towns, but the traffic is different down there.

I typed fifteen minutes this morning. We did journals. I read the newspaper. Nothing to it. We did a rounding game. Began our lesson on the Cheyenne. We watched “The Jungle Book” since we couldn’t go outside. I hear the buses rumble away as if they are powering up for lift off. Have to crank out a third-person page when I get home. Got to get Jim through the night. Should he dream? Should he ponder hailstones? I haven’t had any lunch. I was going to bring some sandwiches to school, but the bread I bought a week ago is already moldy. I’ve got a Lardner story to read before I head home. Maybe I’ll have a smoke as I walk under my umbrella. Back to night school tonight. ESL 1A, Day One: The Alphabet. Ugh. I can’t take it anymore. I keep seeing ads in the newspaper to teach English in Japan or Korea. I need to look at our collective bargaining agreement to see if I can get a leave of absence. Get a book about Japan. I should look in that Spain book to see if anyone wants English teachers over there. The water dropping from the eaves sounds like popcorn popping. It hits the puddles on the pavement with the crinkly sound of Jiffy Pop foil expanding.

Whatever. It’ll be more of the same tomorrow. At least there’s no staph meeting. I need to tell Senorita Villa to let me know if she decides to leave that job at LACAS. What’ll I eat when I get home? There are steaks in the freezer. I can have that tomorrow, though, since Rochelle is going to her sister’s tomorrow and doesn’t like red meat. I better scurry along so that we’re not late to the doctor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home