Sunday, February 05, 2023

 1-9-01 Tu 1:45 PM

We're out on the yard, playing kickball. "Brisk" describes everything. A few copper leaves cling to skeletal limbs in the chill gasp of the leading edge of a cold front. A stormy forecast calls for heavy rain and gusting wind. I typed fifteen minutes this morning. Skipped breakfast, skipped bathing, skipped brushing my teeth even. Walked to school. The telephone poles looked like crucifixes along Apian Way. I walked down Twelfth to La Brea and bought a newspaper in front of Taco Bell. At school, I signed in and waited in the line-up area, reading my mail. The DI program is looking for instructors. Big dill. It can't be better pay than adult ed. I looked over the paper. Apperently, there's no solution to the rising cost of electricity, and if that weren't apocalyptic enough, the Clippers beat the Lakers. The Dodgers lost Johnny Damon to the A's while Malone was on vacation.

Once class started, we checked our phonics, did a lesson on context clues, and one on expository paragraphs. After recess, we did lessons on "Exploring Thousands." I had a Healthy Start microwave meal of turkey medallions, mashed potatoes, and gravy. It only made me hungry. After lunch, we continued our study of the Cheyenne. I'm thinking of reading Dean's December by Saul Bellow, his first novel after winning the Nobel. I'm not sure I want to get into it, though, because I'm hoping to see the "All the Pretty Horses" movie on Friday, and then I'd like to read book two of that trilogy. Anyway, if I read anymore Bellow any time soon, I should read Humboldt's Gift. I'll ride my bike home. Hopefully, I can knock off a third-person page before we tak the baby to her doctor's appointment. Maybe I can schedule an appointment for removal of this wart while we're there--if our pediatrician is in the same building as our GP. I have to let Claudette Ajeti know about the CBET job. Hope to break onto page one hundred and forty of Jim tonight. We'll watch the rest of "Lady and the Tramp" for lunch. I gotta call DWP.  Mail out the bill payments. I'm totally broke. Christmas cost seventeen hundred bucks. Rochelle's going to return some of the stuff she got me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home