Monday, March 15, 2021

 4-3-00 M 3:00 PM

The clock chimes three.  I'm thinking of skipping work.  It's opening day.  The Cubs are in St. Louis.  McGwire is out with a bad back.  Sosa just K'd.  The Rockies are in Atlanta.  The Big Cat, fresh back from his cancer battle, goes deep on day one.  They got Texas at Comiskey on today, too.  And the Dodgers are on vs. the Expos.  The Yanks are in Anaheim.  Fick and the Tigers take on the A's at the new ballpark, and so, I'm thinking of taking the night off from work.  Got a beer in me already.  Maybe I'll make a chili cheeseburger.  I didn't get going early enough to write anything this morning.  I rode my bike to work.  Carlos stopped by yesterday.  He gave me a ride up to the bike shop on Beverly to get a new innertube.  Then we went to Dublin's and shot some pool.  I sucked.  Rochelle and I stayed in after I got home and ordered a pizza.  We watched "Borence of Arabia."  It made me think of how Blake kept trying to infuse Britain into the history of the Middle East.  Too many shots of guys on camels in the desert.  I guess Lean wanted to convey the vastness of the desert and the tediousness of crossing it.  The Cubs are losing six to one.  Andruw Jones homered for the Braves.  I've got to sort out those stupid tests.  Figure it all out.  Urg.  I read The Times.  I also picked up The Daily News.  The idiot teacher's union doesn't want incentive pay.  They want to protect the lowest common denominator.  Whatever.  I ate leftover pasta at lunch.  Straightened out my desk and wrote lesson plans for the week.  [pencil sketch of Blakes "Death's Door.]  The Premier of Japan had a stroke.  I thought of Grandpa Al.  I thought I'd be lucky to live into my seventies.  I hope I can write that long.  I hate calling in lying that I'm sick.  I'll read some more City of Quartz after this.  Have a smoke.  Do a third-person.

2000 Predictions

                                        NL                                                                             AL

                  W                    C                    E                                 W                   C                    E

                AZ                  STL                ATL                              ANA              CLE               BOS

                SF                   CHI                NY                               OAK              DET                NY

                LA                    CIN              MON                            SEA                KC                TOR

                COL                 PIT                PHI                               TEX               CHI               TB

                 SD                   MIL              FLA                                                     MIN                BAL

                                         HOU

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home