Sunday, February 26, 2017

4-2-99 F 7:26 PM
I'm at Jack's Sugar Shack on Hollywood and Vine, a goofy place with a South Seas Paradise theme, bamboo, and faux waterfall.  The Lakers just beat the Suns on the TV over the bar.  I tried to get the Dodgers and Angels, but they don't have it on their satellite system.  I'm supposed to meet Goldcastle and Shawn Manson, ostensibly to talk about Shawn's novel, but hopefully we won't force ourselves to talk about it.  I really have nothing to say about it, but might if it comes up naturally in the course of our conversation.  Shirelle loaned me her car, so I'll have to look out for how much I drink.   I dropped her at Dina's where I'm supposed to return in a few hours.  I wonder if the Frolic Room has cable.  Maybe I can see the game there.  What else?  Maybe I'll go out front and smoke my roach.  I had a double Kahlua and coffee on the rocks and now I'm having a Harp.  I see a Trivial Pursuit game up behind the bar.  Two other guys a drinking in here.  One questions the bartender as to whether his Jameson's is really Jameson's.  Tom Jones comes on.  It's Not Unusual.  Three girls walk in and immediately walk out.  Too dead in here for them, I guess.  There's a thing on the TV about Sandy Koufax, the sound is down on it, though.  I made and ate three pork chops for dinner.  There's a reality cop show on the other TV.  Thing mentioned he might be here.  He went to see the movie "The Matrix" and to look for a new apartment.  There's nothing to draw in here but the bottles behind the bar.  I've already done that though at Molly Malone's and El Cholo and don't feel like repeating it again here.  Sheryl Crow is at the Pantages around the corner.  Maybe I'll shoot some pool, but I don't feel like I have much of a game.  So what else?  I guess this will just have to do me 'til tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home