Monday, April 04, 2016

1-9-99 1:30 PM Sa
I'm at Shanghai Red's in Marina Del Rey.  The Broncos and Dolphins are on TV.  I just ate an all-protein feast. I worked out with weights this morning and typed fifteen minutes.  Tim wants to go have some drinks. Shirelle's going to straighten Sara's hair. I should just go home and write. Man, that's about it. What else?  I worked on Jim a little yesterday, but I didn't make near enough progress as I should have. Didn't work at all on my apocalypse project. A deer head sticks out of the brick over the fireplace.  I had some oysters. Their alleged powers seem to be working on me because I could really go for a bone right now. Oh, wait a minute--I guess those were mussels.  What else?  A guy plays synthesizer music for an arriving wedding party. I should call Thing.  I was supposed to go to the movies with Pete and him this morning, but I got Shanghaied. I should go for a nice long bike ride today.  I feel like going into the bathroom and giving my wanker a yank.  2:40 PM Tim and I are now in Venice Beach.  We're sitting in his buddy's second-floor apartment overlooking the beach.  Babes and trippers parade around on the strand below.  It's a sunny day.  Dozens of sailboats cut through the bay like shark fins.  The only hint of winter is the absolute absence of people on the sandy beach.  The swings sway empty in the breeze.  We're waiting for a guy named Max to bring some weed.  I bought a new pair of sunglasses.  Tom went to get beer.  He said we could play his guitar.  He said if we had some girls up here by the time he got back, we could come again.  "That sounds like a challenge." I went to the window and called down to the parade.  "Hey ladies!  Come on up!  We're getting some beer!"  A guy with a massage table set up on the sidewalk looked up, but that was it. When I finish this, I'm going to strum that guitar.  What else?  The Broncos are beating the Dolphins 21-3 at the half.  I'm predicting Minnesota over Denver in the Super Bowl. Wish I had those mushrooms for today. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home