Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Some Souls

11-27-98 F 8:30 AM
I'm at Shirelle's.  She's crying because I want to go home and write.  She had a chance to make some money today working for her father, but she called him and said she was sick.  Now she's acting like we should spend the day walking around at the beach or something.  Whatever.  I didn't write here yesterday.  We went to Shrielle's friends', Kim's and Clifton's house, the people she babysits for, and had a couple of beers.  Whatever.  Shirelle took it upon herself to tell my family we were getting married, which silently enraged me, seeing as I haven't asked her.  Whatever.  I got to see Carlos and Christie's new baby.  He's colicky.  Seems like some souls are dragged into this world against their will.  Vanessa is happy as could be.  She's learning to talk and playful and affectionate.  Mac barely showed up in time to eat; in fact, he missed the blessing of the meal.  What else?  Today I've got to make some phone calls.  Write some letters.  Maybe I'll go to the movies.  I guess I'll walk home from here, stop and read the paper somewhere.  What else?  Shirelle is watching "Good Will Hunting" for the umpteenth time.  She has a complete set of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" figurines on her desk.  Lots of pictures of people in water.  Me in Lake Havasu, her in a pool at a Vegas resort, Christina and April in an apartment pool, a chorus line of "Baywatch"-extra bimbos in bikinis, toes in the surf at Santa Monica.  A postcard is taped to the wall of one of the new VWs with an "I Voted" sticker stuck to it that she took off one of my ties; she didn't vote.  Next to that is a picture I took of a covered bridge in Oregon that she took from me after she fell in love with that dumb-ass "Bridges of Madison County" movie.  Whatever.  I read some more Into the Wild this morning.  Yada yada yada.  I should go to the cages, the range, and shoot some hoops today.  Maybe see "Antz."  What else?  I need to read Julia's, Sean's, and Smitty's work if I have any integrity.  Call Ford.  Ugh!  What else?    What else?      "Trust is the most important thing in a relationship."  I'm getting hungry.  Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, Snow White, Happy, Bashful, Doc.  What else?  She's got a Chevy ad of some half-naked cowboy pouring water over his musculature.  A watercolor by John Bayless, the Colorado cult figure.  Whistle while you work.  Fuck a duck, Chuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home