Tuesday, September 29, 2015

11-29-98 Su 12:58 PM
We're going downtown, east on Olympic.  Talking about Spain last night.  That's the fourth-funniest thing I've heard today.  I tell 'em I have ESP.  It looked like a dangerous neighborhood.  I can still drink pretty good sometimes.  Look at these hoods.  We can't find an ATM.  The air is poison.  There's some large-scale police coordination going on today.
11-30-98 M 9:45 am
The kids are reading from their journals.  We have conferences this week.  School ends at 12:30 today.  I'm expecting three or four parents this afternoon.  I should be done by about 1:15.  I'm going to have to go by LACAS to drop off last week's attendance and pick up this week's.  The sky is perfectly blue today, but I heard it's going to rain.  What else?  I read more Ezekiel today.  He prophesied the desolation of Egypt.  I didn't quite understand.  God had destroyed Israel because His people were not following His laws, but the Egyptians didn't have any covenant with God, so I didn't understand why they were getting screwed, but what else is new?  Also he elevated Nebuchadnezzar and the Assyrians, but they weren't practicing Hebrew law.  Whatever.  What else?  I have so many leftovers at home.  I'm going to have to skip lunch and not eat until I get home.  I have to make a flyer for Jeopardy at Q's next week. What else?  I'll be glad when I finish Into the Wild.  I promised Sean I would read his novel.  So I better read Julia's, too.  I want to read Last of the Mohicans next, too.  Man, what else?  There's so nothing to say.  Too bad I left my sack at Shirelle's.  I'll not get another puff of that.  What else?  Crap, we have to do the holiday bulletin boards.  I need to get butcher paper.  What else?  We need to write what our holiday wishes are.  What else?  There's nothing to say.  Walking around school, everyone asks how was your Thanksgiving, and our answers to each other sound like Charlie Brown grown-ups:  short, meaningless muted-trumpet snorts.  Wonk wa wonk wa wonk wonk wa.  What else?  The kids are dull and sluggish.  They came to school enthusiastic about their weekends, but now that I'm trying to teach them about thousands, their brains have reverted to post-turkey, sit-on-the-couch, mental vacuity.  I'm so-not getting through.  What else?  I'm ready to get home and fix up some grub.  Man, this has been hard today.  What else is there to say?  My third-person page is supposed to be about a body part that talks.  What part?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home