Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chunks of the Future Hang in the Balance


Mon. 10-13 11:45 AM
Looks like I'm skipping lunch today.  After school I have to hustle over to Borders to try and fill out this grant for books from the Riordan Foundation.  What else?  I have to teach tonight.  No newspaper so far today.  Haven't worked on Jim.  Haven't done 15 minutes or one page.  Haven't read Mailer stuff.  Almost done with the journal from '92-'93.  I woke filled with bitter hatred this morning.  When I got to work, my room had been broken into.  Ms. Washington told me a neighbor had seen the break-in and called the police.  They busted the transom and emptied some drawers and pulled down the clock before they were arrested.  I guess I'm lucky. 
"Hey, look!  I found a food stamp!"  Marlin yelled excitedly, holding his find in the air for all the lunch line to see. 
"Are you alone?" the hostess at Bob's asked.  I winced a little.  No matter which way it is, I want it the other way. 
They're going to discuss Catcher in the Rye, October 27, at Borders in Westwood.  I have to work, though. 
What's it about?  I have to be able to answer this question.  It's about that stage between teens and actual adulthood.  I think I may have to drop the Vegas bit.  I don't know.  I'm hungry.  I'll have to wait.  I think I can broil some garlic and herb fish fillets and boil up some honeybutter carrot coins and toss a salad for dinner.  I might have some fries I can oven-bake, too.  I have a pinch of weed Al let me have yesterday while I was at Steve's watching the baseball games.  "Serpico" was on TV last night.  I watched about half of it.  I called Shirelle and got her machine.  I didn't leave a message.  Sometimes big chunks of the future hang in the balance like that.  Twenty minutes of lunch left.  I'll see how recon is doing on Anopopei.  What else?  I drove to school today.  John Denver died when his plane crashed into Monterey Bay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home