Monday, November 15, 2010

I think this is book number fourteen, but I'll have to count them to be sure. I still have to tell my principal what pupil-free days my track has selected. After school I'm thinking I'll go by the Hollywood Bowl box office and pick up some tickets for a concert so I can bring Rachel. Should I get two or four? Classic or Jazz? I've got to hang up what laundry I've done and finish the last couple of loads. I've to go to the LACAS office and turn in my time sheet and attendance. I've to go to the library and check out the "Jackie Robinson Story" to show my kids. What else? It's sunny today. Mr. Grey's seeds are starting to sprout in the garden out in front of the class. I've got the sports page open under this journal. The Yankees lost. The kids are writing pretty intently. Just ---
Monday April 7 9:09 AM
The kids are writing in their journals. Few whispers here and there. What else? I've got to go to the bathroom. Tomorrow I have to organize a computer training. I'll have to put a bunch of computers in a room. Then I've got to teach my night school class. Then I've got to see the Gutierrez brothers' band Ol' Peculier at the Whiskey.
I feel alright today. Should I thank Rachel and Carlin? Actually, that girl could lead to a lot of heartache, but don't they all have that potential? I just want to get settled into a home with a trustworthy woman. - OK What else? I get a lot of funny looks around here at school now. There are some rumors going around now, I think, thanks to my lunchtime performance with Marti at the Sheraton last week. Maybe I should get a--what? I don't know. I'd like to lose about five pounds. Maybe I should weigh myself in the nurse's office. I was telling Mrs. Kaplan, Mrs. Guellar, Mrs. Gordon, and Ms. Gonzalez that I smoke pot almost every day. Marti pinched my thigh under the table and opened her eyes wide at me. Later she pinched me when I wasn't saying anything. She made like she wanted to bone. "You going to get us a room?" I said. She said, "I would if you had blue eyes. Get some contacts."
I had a bowl of Cheerios for breakfast. I had a sausage in a blanket when I got to school. There will be chicken patty sandwiches for lunch. Maybe I should wait until after school and got a torta at that Mexican place on La Brea I've been meaning to try. What else? The kids have gone to recess. I've got to plan today's math lesson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home