Thursday, October 21, 2010

4-4 F! 12:51 PM
From an Arco station in Rosemead with Mariachi and Gracias, on the way to the Dodger game. Surly, dishevelled. Urg. Uk. Just want to finish this. Maybe what I feel is incompletion from not doing this. Pablo said, "That dude could not speak English to save his life," after walking back from the cashier.
A girl around twelve ran down the street to greet a tottering old woman. They walked back arm in arm. Pablo had sex with Sanyo twice this week, he says. He's all giggly and "feeling chipper." Ross Porter on Dodger talk. "Who gives a crap?" Gracias says. He had a crappy week. He said he might have had a part in a guy getting fired.
Upper Deck, Aisle 1 Row B Seat 107. Pedro Astacio just gave up two runs to the lowly Pirates. An unheralded kid by the name of Mark Johnson just hit a run-scoring double. Kevin Elster got a cheap RBI off a broken-bat groundout to short. Royal Alfonso and a guy named Jesus and another guy came. We saw unused seats down closer to the rail and moved there so we all could spread out and see into the Dodger dugout. Today I loved Veronica Huerta. Butler just grounded out. A rookie named Wilton Guerrero is up. Ball one. The guy Gracias fired was a newswriter. They hand him a tape and he writes what the voiceover will say during the broadcast. A $60,000 a year job. Guerrero lined to short. Mondesi hit a long fly foul out of play, then flew out to right. What else? Kid looking through binoculars. Vendor yells, "Peanuts." The organ between innings. Did I mention I was in love today with Veronica Huerta? Last night Zuly asked me, "Como se dice 'Estoy enamorada de ti?" I said, "Nos dice, 'I love you' pero podrias decir, "I'm enamored of you,' pero aquel es raro." I've got the New York Times rolled up in the back pocket of my jeans. I was in the middle of my fifteen minutes when Gracias knocked. I managed t0 pull myself together and we had an extraordinarily traffic-free, five o'clock, rush-hour drive out of the city. I could kick myself for going to McDonald's. Too bad about the Sanyo Bible situation. Astacio is wild tonight, but he made it through the inning unscathed. Should I get a dog? I'll go join the guys up there along first; they've moved again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home