Wednesday, July 02, 2008

From the Roof of Alcohol School

Tues. Sept. 17
The Dodgers and Padres have been tied in the standings for weeks now. They have been within half a game of each other for 11 games with eleven games to go. It's raining in Denver as I chomp down the last crust of a honey peanut butter and boysenberry jelly sandwich. I wonder if it's not the remnants of hurricane Fausto. I belched cilantro.
It's a commercial now. The Adventures of Jim Crack is written for channel changers.
Streamlined head.
Wed. Sep. 18
From the roof of the building where I do alcohol school at Franklin and Highland. A hazy view across Hollywood to Los Angeles' pathetic skyline. I'm sure Camus would be unimpressed. Even though I couldn't afford it, I had a beer and the hot turkey sandwich over at Musso and Frank's on Hollywood while I read the paper.
Hideo Nomo threw a no-hitter in Denver last night. It was a great game. I taped the third installment of the latest Ken Burns documentary, "The West". It was about the 49ers and the rush to gold in California.
I wish I had a joint up here, but what would that change? Would I be any more imaginative? Would it give me any ideas? I'll walk to the ledge of the building and look down.
There's a Mexican kid in a wife beater tank top at an unused lot by himself practicing his wind-up, throwing a ball around.
-Sometimes you think if you lived in New York, life would be more compelling, easier to write about.
-
There's something old-world about the way the houses are set into the hillside, rubbing shoulders with their Spanish tiles and porticos, Greek and Italian balconies.
I say we take those donut-eating CHPs into an army of drivers to drive us drunks home. The elimination of those accidents will lower the body count and save the tax payers money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home