Tuesday, June 24, 2008

God's Command

Friday Sept. 13

I got paid today $1397. Paid my bills and now there is $342. Depressing. Shirelle is jumping me for grocery money. Chronos is on his way here from Lancaster to borrow me and my truck to pick up a swingset in Alhambra and bring it to Lancaster and set it up in his backyard. Sometimes having a truck sucks. I need to go clean out the back of it.
Black clouds blotted the morning. The kids were uneasy and kept going to the door to see the ominous skies. After recess the sun began to break through, the rays shone down, and George said, "Look, Teacher! An angel!" He pointed excitedly. Lepidoptera tickled my belly.
Jeopardy is on now. The Dodger game just started. Vladimir fixed my car nice. It sounds great. They're singing the Star Spangled Banner. I didn't write my page yesterday.
Sun Sep 15
I feel like a loser. I have no motivation and little desire. Nothing to say. I saw Paul Westerberg at the El Rey Theater on Wilshire. Miguel and Stevo and I went. Big whup. What else? I've been conscious lately of how much slang I use and am exposed to. Slang is colorful and entertaining and imaginative, but doesn't it also contaminate language, shatter meaning? That Westerberg show was dull. People just stood around. There are about a dozen ways to use the word "just". I wonder how it got to be so utile a word as it is. I bought a CDROM for 44.99 + tax that doesn't work in Mac. I've got to get to Burbank to exchange it. Shirelle's mother wanted us to come out to her company picnic in Pasadena today. I didn't want to go, so Shirelle told her we weren't coming. I felt bad. I listened in bed as the girl told her mother she wouldn't be coming. All I did was lay around and read the paper and monitor the day's games and nap. We did go to the market this morning. I gave Shirelle eighty dollars to buy groceries. The Thing has gone to spend a week in Fresno to go to his high school reunion. I haven't got that Best Wishes in Your New Home type card yet that I was going to send to my father and step mother in Idaho. My mother is expecting me to spend the weekend at her place in Orange County. Maybe I'll bring my golf clubs. Or should I see about bass fishing at the quarry in Irwindale with my step father? Should I call that girl who sat on my lap or does that only invite further complication.
I'm stumped now. I mentioned marlin fighing off Catalina and he mentioned a camping trip there. I read a feature in the Travel section about canoeing the Colorado River from Bullhead City to past Moabi through Topock Gorge. The budget for two is only $250.oo. Canoes for a three day trip. I also experienced some more Baja lust. Definitely need to plan a vacation for next spring. Something for December, too. Shirelle made pepperoni pizza in the oven. I ate two pieces. At the market I gought a beef rib and some macaroni and some orange chicken. It was overcast. I read some more in Joshua about the Israelites slaughtering the other peoples of the area at God's command.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home