Saturday, May 24, 2008

el A

Vacilatin again Sat. Aug 31
Thing just popped into the VCR "Gilda" with Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford. We've just come from Cafe Largo across the street from Canter's on Fairfax wheree Ileni Mandel cutely crooned a few slow-burning girl songs and the bourbon was small and over-priced. Seedyo and I went to see the William S. Burroughs exhibit at LACMA, shotgun paintings and other multi-media bullshit. Again it seemed engineered toward some motive of ego. I found the un~~~~None of this is true or much of it is inaccurate. That wind-up cricket sound from watchmakers in Switzerland are those cricks his body makes in his eyeballs, too, sometimes scurrying out of the corner of his eye. Teeth ached, nitrogen bubbled off the rot inside, poisoning his blood. We also saw this movie "Trainspotters" about junkies in the UK. We took a taxi to Cafe Largo. Shirelle said the 'stang was fucked up and couldn't be driven, she just rumbled up in it, though, and is asking me to take her to In'N'Out. So I brushed my teeth and got some water and took a multivitamin.
I'm writing by the light of the computer in an otherwise dark room. I put my sunglasses on as protection against the radiation. That's making my teeth ache. Guys in tuxedos all knight. I watched some of Patton this morning, then I fell asleep on the couch. It made Shirelle mad. She took my laundry to the laundromat for me. The Dodgers won. I wondeer if Colorado beat Washington State. The Padres lost, too. I smoked two American Spirit cigarettes I found on a table on the wall. People smoke them because of the label. What do I know? He he he. I've been staying away from my car. I mean guitar.
What else? The newsstand on La Brea. A detour to Borders Books to look for a magazine called Mojo from Britain that had and article he wanted to read about the Beach Boys. That's kind of funny, isn't it? We stopped by Farmer's Market after the movie. I stepped out of the car to hear the seventh chime on the clocktower there. The food courts were shutting down. We walked through the maze to the sound of music, and lo and behold, there was a bar and some women and they were serving beers. I sat down to order one while Seedyo went off to find some grub. The barmaid said it was last call. I asked the guy on the stool next to me how long he'd been sitting there. He said he was born in Canada and lived in Venezuela for a time and was a dealer at the Playboy Club in London and then a stint in Vietnam before getting to el A and that barstool. He showed me a picture of his wife in her bunny costume. The barmaid wanted to shut down the curtain where we sat, so I found Seedyo at Dupar's. He had ordered a rueben. I got some onion rings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home