Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Don't We All

Sun. Sept. 1

And this word "love", which the graybeards call divine,
Be resident in men like one another
And not in me: I am myself alone.

Chilling lines

I need a shave.

Mon. Sept. 2 Labor Day
We swept up all the stinking shit and garbage on the streets from the Jewish District up Fairfax, through queer territory on Melrose to La Brea and up to Sunset. The sidewalks were overflowing with garbage: fast food cups, mostly. A girl at Melrose Pizza said to come back when we were done. She said, "We'll hook you up." Wouldn't that have been nice?
Yesterday I told myself I wouldn't write in here til I worked on Jim Crack, so I didn't write in here. Did the Sunday paper thing, half watched the first NFL games of the season. Watched the Dodgers blow their game against the Phillies. Wasted day. Mike Hammer just clobbered some guy down the stairs on the 24 hour movie channel. Got myself a redneck sweeping the streets today. You get street garbage juice all over your hands, it runs down your calf from time to time. Today I had a pair of rubber gloves, but they ripped after a couple hours. I washed my hands in the bathroom at Pink's. The foreman didn't want us walking down Santa Monica. He said, "Men sell their bodies along here."
"Don't we all," I said.

Tomorrow is another school day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home