Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fizzle and Drizzle

1-25-96
-Here we go again. Page one of the new book which is actually at least page 91, and actually actually a much higher number than that. I felt lame today when I sensed that woman from the intern program thought my story fizzled. Fizzled. That's a good word, a good onomontpeaic word to describe the long slow fart that my story is. I feel lame today. Have all drizzly day. Actually, I had an enjoyable commute to Airtel Plaza in Van Nuys this morning, actually. The window cracked open, driving in the drizzly winter down Sherman Way, through the valley of strip malls, a rare route in rare weather and clean air; and then over Sepulveda to Kentwood in around El Segundo to my intern class. Victor told me about his astral projections over lunch at the BBQ Pit. A train circled the ceiling.
What about being more forward?
This is a 0.3 EXTRA Fine Point USA EXPRESSO (all rights reserved) pen I'm writing with. How zabout cursive? Chimelle went to the wrap party for California Dreams at the Granville at Santa Monica or something. I can't remember if I couldn't go, didn't want to go, or wasn't invited. One of those. Goldarn muffhugger. Should I watch the Super Bowl with my brother?  Bless our souls. What a lot of bunk, I think, would be anyone's reaction to what I write. Like the other day when I left this other journal I write in open on the kitchen table, and Shirelle had me trapped in the bedroom, and Cristina was waiting at the table, and when I came back out I was embarrassed to think she might have read it. It's already 10:30. I have to go to bed because there's school tomorrow. I'll get there early and score their tests. Then we'll do a portfolio review while they do their book reports. Library. Slient reading. Finish the portfolio assessment. Mr. Salinas can put borders on the backs of the paintings and mount the text. Choose a story to be typed on the computer. Work on bulletin board ideas. Call Andres. Now that's the kind of thing to write in an appointment book. No sense using up all of this valuable space her for what amounts to little more than a to-do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home