Monday, November 06, 2023

 

6-27-01 12:19 AM W The Frolic Room

I keep my mouth shut too long. The juke box asks about staying or going. Shrinks. A big nasty bruise on my side where I got beaned. Feel like abandoning the pronoun I for a while. Roller Coaster of Love sings the jukebox. The Ohio Players. Don’t want anyone to hear. Ballin’ up a napkin in the fist. Devils scowling, enticing, on stickers—a Cheshire Cat sticker shares a bucket with a scary devil sticker. Worried the bartender thinks you’re queer. “What’s up then, Reb. D’jyour games hit today?” The knee. The knee always going. I think the bartender’s working with the gal Goldcastle was hoping to talk to. Boardner’s is actually nuts on a Wednesday morning.

1:09 PM

The Cubs are on at Wrigley. Hurray. Wish I was there. I have a headache. Rochelle’s going to see a counselor at three. Whatever. 4:22 PM I took the baby for a walk in her stroller up to the park and the library. Now the Bosox are playing a team called the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. I have to get a TB test. I wonder what’s up with renewing my credential. Lassen? Summer school. I feel lost. I let Lulu eat some leftover Chinese, and now she’s cutting horribly stinky farts. My teeth hurt. I haven’t brushed them yet today. Nor showered. A fucking lawnmower or leaf blower seems to going around here all day, every day. I have to send a money order to my brother.

10:02 PM

I haven’t been able to get much done today. I have had two naps, and I’m still tired. I’ll leave for Lassen on Monday, I guess. I have to go to the district office Friday morning, I guess. What do  I have to do there? What else am I forgetting. 6-28-01 Th The That’s John Bayless 6:17 PM [polaroid of man at entrance to Washington’s Headquarters National Historic Park in Morristown, NJ] who was arrested in Israel as a terrorist. I visited him in ’94, I think, when I stood outside St. Patrick Cathedral in Manhattan in a blizzard to meet Coppola at an “On the Road.”

Looking West to Shasta from the Top of Lassen Cinder Cone, Fourth of July, 2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home