Tuesday, January 24, 2023

 

12-29-00 F 6:14 PM

Dublin’s. The Kings are on in Dallas. The Holiday Bowls pits Oregon against Texas. That’s about the size of it. I rode up to Virgin Records on my bike, but it turns out that “Jaws” DVD I wanted to return was actually purchased at Blockbuster. So, I rode about four miles farther than I had to. I typed fifteen minutes this morning. Then we drove to the Target on La Cienega and exchanged the fire alarm for credit and cashed in the gift card my mom gave us. We got a bulletin board—rather a poster frame and three packages of corkboard squares to make a bulletin board. We got Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit board games. We got two battery-operated toothbrushes to give to Josh. Breast pads. No TV. No camera. Got Monty Python’s “Meaning of Life” and “Caddyshack” on DVD. I read the newspaper when we got home. The Kings beat the Blues with a bunch of minor leaguers. Bush appointed MO senator John Ashcroft to Attorney General. He is characterized by the Times as a religious crusader. Rochelle went to look for a dress and came back empty handed. We determined not to make tamales until Grandma comes. Haven’t decided for sure, but it looks like the Conga Room on New Year’s Eve is out.  Maybe the Bounty. Still have to get the AM on the Olds fixed and get it detailed. Have the tires rotated. I’d like to see “All the Pretty Horses,” “Traffic,” and “Cast Away,” among others. Read some more Whitman. I read “Song for Occupations” at Nick’s the other night. Do a third-person page. Read the Koran. Work on Jim. Play a game with Rochelle. Watch the rest of “Don’t Look Now.” GIP might meet me. Maybe we’ll stop and shoot some pool. [color photograph of stepmom and newborn baby girl]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home