Thursday, September 01, 2022

 10-17-00 9:51 PM Tu

I'm in bed. The presidential debates are on. Obnoxious bullshitters. The Yanks are going to the Series, so everything seems normal. I stayed home from school today because I felt sick. I lay in bed and watched "Rio Bravo" and "Saboteur." Blah blah blah. I took a shower and got dressed in the afternoon. We took my bike up to I. Martin so I could get a new wheel for it. Then we drove to Macys and rode a dozen escalators up to the housewares department and bought a couple of overpriced saucepans because we had a gift certificate. We still have gift certificates for Mervyn's, Crate and Barrel, and Babies R Us. There's still just a little painting to do. We want to get a rug. Whatever. I reheated some London broil, peas, corn, and tater tots for dinner. Went to Back to School Night. Blah blah blah. It was an utterly thoughtless day. A day devoid of observation nor inspiration--like the presidential candidates. [blank ink line drawings of Bush and Gore] The dog is using my ankle as a pillow. She sleeps in the bed with us. My fingers are numb. What else? I read a chapter in the daddy book about baby-proofing the home. I need to get clasps for the cupboards. I are waffles and ice cream after the game. I need some water. I'll read Cheever when I'm done. I have to write a third person page. Read some Vein of Gold.  Work on Jim. Read some Death in Venice. One of the worst books I've ever read, a homo-Lolita, thinly disguised as a meditation on beauty. Whatever. What else? [photo of Ol' Rawler, drinking a can of Budweiser, March 17, 1990, 37th St., Newport Beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home