Thursday, April 01, 2021

 4-7-00 F 10:05 PM

We looked at HUD homes in "revitalization areas."  We drove through Windsor Hills, Baldwin Hills, Leimert Park, and the Crenshaw District.  Made me want to move to Morro Bay.  I played my out-of-tune guitar for the kids today.  They danced and drummed and went all crazy.  [happy face]  We played a little baseball today.  My wife pulled up while Elmer was talking to me about going to a titty bar.  I left my Los Angeles Stories book at Pio Pico.  I have keys, but maybe I can just wait 'til Monday.  Rochelle and I were talking about getting M&Ms and popcorn and lying in bed and watching a double feature.  We have "Chinatown" and "Episode One."  Print Jim?  The stapler's out of staples.  I was going to staple a picture of myself in profile, big old gut hanging out, shirtless at the Atlantis.  It doesn't seem worth it to get up and go to the kitchen for tape.  I'd like something to draw.  "The Earth becomes my throne/I adapt to the unknown/The less I have the more I gain."  This journal, number 47, seems particularly pathetic.  Work tomorrow.  Get a nine-volt.  [pencil sketch of me in profile, big old gut hanging out, shirtless at the Atlantis]  My gut doesn't looks as distended in that sketch as it really is in the photograph.  Rochelle could go for some ice cream.  I wanted to runoff some copies of that Martin Amis story for Manny and Anna in advance of giving them some Jim for feedback except that I forgot the book and have already reached my copy limit for the month.  Rochelle's mom saw my drawing of downtown and wondered if one of my kids had done it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home