Thursday, May 23, 2019


10-24-99 5:23 PM Su
I golfed the Ranch three-par with Ralph yesterday.  I shot eleven over par but was better than Ralph by three strokes.  We came home and put on some Limp Bizket and drank vodka and smoked and watched the Yankees beat the Braves in game one of the World Series. We thought about going to the Bounty after the game to see Mike Tyson fight, but I was too drunk by then—I don’t remember anything after that. I woke up in bed.  I didn’t feel hungover, but I couldn’t remember anything about last night. Shrielle invited Thing and his girl over for dinner. That game show audition went well. The producer said I was the “Valedictorian” because I had the highest score on the test. I should go on the show this or next Wednesday.  We’ll see.  Kenny Jackson just called to talk to my brother.  He was hammered.  He’s going back to Stockton in a few days.  He was pretty upset about the Pete Rose situation. New York’s up five zip.  Shirelle wanted me to try some cold shrimp and cucumber.  “I know I’m getting a sore throat,” he says.  “Don’t leave any here,” I say.  There was the sound of water hitting hot metal in the sink in the kitchen where Shirelle is.  Mac says he’s been meeting a lot of super models.  I had a wee smoke.  I lay in bed sleeping and reading the newspaper with the NFL on TV.  My father called.  My grandfather may lose a foot because he has poor circulation and hardened arteries.  I hope he still has a few happy years left in him.  I told my sister he would be trading an old foot for a new foot.  I wonder how that audition really went.  There was a guy there named Levi.  They kept pronouncing it “Levee” like a dam, and he kept pronouncing it “Levi” like the jeans, and he said, “Well, I am retaining water.”  It was funny.  He was a big fat guy with a shaved head.  Costas said Cox took Klesko out to the shed.  My brother got a kick out of it.  When I’m done here, I’ll have to read those Bible pages.  Mac heard gunshots around the Bounty last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home