Thursday, May 16, 2019

10-20-99 The Extreme Opposite of Muddled


10-20-99 W 5:01 PM
There’s no game on today.  The Braves eliminated the Mets and will meet the Yanks in the Big Apple on a day made for fighting.  Saturday, that is.  Duh.  Let’s see.  What about today?  I didn’t write here yesterday.  I corrected a bunch of papers.  Straightened out my school desk.  I threw my chalk at the board and glared at a child for not listening.  There was an SST for Pablo before school this morning.  That’s a Student Study Team.  Pablo can’t read.  There’s a whole process of paperwork and meetings to try to figure out why. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  I wrote checks for bills and put them in envelopes, but I haven’t any stamps.  I’m sitting in the parlor on the couch.  I’ve got to get on my bike soon and pedal up to the office.  I ate another one of Ana Gloria’s tamales after school today.  I read a criticism of a book written by movie-maker Wes Craven that the story is muddled.  Uh-oh.  I just realized that’s the problem with Jim.  Maybe I’ll just have to unmuddle it.  But isn’t Joyce a little muddled?  Or at least isn’t he the extreme opposite of muddled which is muddled?  Oh-uh.  Whatever.  I haven’t much time.  How shall I manage my mutual funds?  Sounds like a line from “The Love Songe of J. Alfred Prufrock.”  Other than that, Eliot was an obscurely allusional dork.  Talk about muddled.  How about “The Wasteland?”  Anyway.  Roger Kahn was on the radio talking about Jack Dempsey about whom he has just written a book.  Shirelle just called.  I asked her to pick up some stamps.  I see a little green booger  with red hairs in it on the photo album on the coffee table next to where I’m sitting.  My brother must have left it here.  I have to talk to the air conditioning guys TOMORROW!  Duh.  There they are the last two days, I haven’t said a thing.  I hope it’s not too late.  I already puffed a wee booger.  Can you tell?  Of course you can.  I had to miss night school last night to be at Back to School Night.  Pierce Brosnan is on the cover of a magazine on the coffee table.  Shirelle’s got this teenage obsession with him.  She’s bummed because her mom asked to borrow four hundred bucks.  Elmer said he had an interesting day in art class yesterday.  I said, “Oh, did they have a nude?”  They did.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home