Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Su 9-11-99 3:20 PM
I'm at Red Rock on Sunset.  I rode up here on my bike.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I got a Lite beer and a bowl of chili.  Seventeen-year-old Serena Williams of Compton just defeated defending champion Martina Hingis in the US Open Tennis Championship on one TV while on another TV, Purdue's Drew Brees dukes it out with Notre Dame's Jarious Jackson.  I can't believe I haven't written in here since Wednesday.  That night, Ann--I forgot her married name--the sister of Gibby who we met at the wedding in the Bahamas called and we took her around some Hollywood nightspots after I got home from class.  We ate at Mirabelle.  It was full of hot women. Right.  Then we went over to Bar Marmont.  After a drink, we went up to the Garden at the hotel and had another drink and then crossed the street to Dublin's for another before recrossing the street to Miyagi's for a nightcap.  Then we dropped here off at the Argyle.  We should have gone into the Argyle to check it out, but it was late so Butt and I took a cab home.  It was after two.  I thought I would be dead at work the next day, but I wasn't. The kids worked on summer vacation essays.  I stayed after reading the paper a while before I went home.  I tried to nap, but it was sweaty and fitful.  I was supposed to go to the Bounty with Crazy Slim after class, but I had to postpone it 'til next week. I went home and went straight to bed.  The next morning, I went to the donut shop and got a paper and a croissant.  I spent most of the day helping the kids type their papers on the computer.  After school, Elwood and Carlos came to the house and we played poker for change and drank Tecates until Shirelle got home.  Then she and I went across town to Phillipe' to meet Pablo and Sanyo before the Dodger game.  The traffic was terrible.  They had streets closed at rush hour downtown for a film shoot, plus there was a big Deiciseis de Septiembre celebration at Olvera Street.  We sat field level as the LA Dollars beat the Mets.  We're supposed to go to Tim's this afternoon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home