Tuesday, January 02, 2018

12:12 PM Sa 5-15-99
I ducked out of my classes early.  I'm at El Coyote having a Bloody Mary.  I left after the first workshop and went to Norm's and had a big-ass steak-and-eggs-and-hash-browns-muffin-and-waffle-and-biscuit-and-gravy-and-coffee breakfast.  After class yesterday, I went home even thought it was Friday because I was tired, but my gay neighbors were in the backyard fussing loudly over a palm tree.  I mention they're gay because their voices and gestures matched the stereotype.  They said it was ugly and attracted rats.  Whatever.  They had a couple Latinos working for them, but they had no saw.  I loaned them a saw.  They never brought it back, come to think of it.  One of the gay guys noticed I was the guy who didn't give a damn about how much he bitched whenever he came over to the house on Keniston to complain about Ron's dog barking.  Ron lived in the other half of the duplex, and I didn't like the dog barking either, but had learned to tune it out.  It wasn't my dog and it didn't belong to anyone in my household, but he still seemed to think there was something I should do about it because I was the one home when on the several occasions he came to complain.  He got into it again, even though we were at a whole nother house with no dog at all.  He conceded that he was a b-i-t-c-h (he spelled it out).  Too fucking funny.  But he kept on about it.  I had to keep from killing him by bailing.  I rode up to Larchmont and picked up my prescription.  Then I rode over to Molly's and stopped by the Van Gogh hullabaloo and saw the band and had a smoke.  Then I rode home.  Susan was just leaving. "Don't tell Billy I'm going out with someone else," she said.  The GIP was there.  I wasn't all that thrilled about it.  He left.  Shirelle wanted to go to dinner.  We went to the Radisson on Wilshire and had sushi and watched a nail-biter King loss to the Jazz in the last second,  Then we went over to the Gaylord to see Thing.  We [blue ink line sketch of two men sitting at a booth at El Coyote] went home.  Got a hummer as I was dozing off.  Then the alarm went off this morning.  I showered, etc.  And now here I am.  A guy here talks in a working-Clash British accent, but he sounds like Goofy.  I've seen him in here before.  He's telling about some women who crashed their U-Haul van three times in the same day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home