Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Queer Elephant Gives Birth to Perverse Genetic Mutation

3-13-99  Sa 1:53 PM
We're at Sam's Seafood in Huntington Beach.  It's got that Polynesian theme.  A waterfall tumbles out of the wall, an outrigger surfs the ceiling., beach murals line the walls; the furniture is made of bamboo and wicker.  It reads SAM'S on a big marlin-shaped sign a hundred feet over PCH.  The payphones are in giant clam shells. 
3-14-99 11:39 PM Su
Sloshball was fun.  I hit a homerun.  A fight broke out at Shirelle's party.  I got drunk on Bushmill's.  Lennox Lewis dominated Holyfield, but the criminal judges ruled it a draw.  We lay in bed all day.  I finished The Old Testament.  Seems I ought to have something to say about so momentous an occasion, but I don't.  I read the newspaper.  I watched "Sense and Sensibility."  It was about how lame chicks are.  I talked to my sister Bernice.  What else?  I have to start report cards tomorrow.  I have to do that salary-point homework.  I puked last night, in the toilet.  I hadn't puked in years.  I'm sleeping at Shirelle's. 
12:43 PM  M 3-15-99
I'm having the hardest time writing.  It's raining today.  That's about it.  What else already?  I read Act 1 of "Twelfth Night."  Duke Orsino has sent the disguised Viola to profess the duke's love to Olivia, but Olivia has spurned the duke. That's about it really.  The kids are doing silent reading. What else?  I ate leftover pasta for lunch.  Crap.  How can things be this lame?  My imagination dies a little bit every day, my potential shrinks, my freedom locks another door. My path becomes narrower.  I have to turn in that homework.  Reply to some e-mail.  Look for a house to live in.  Ugh. Ugh and fuck.  What else?  I brought a thermos full of coffee to school.  I did about half my report cards.  I can't stand Jim.  What's my major malfunction?  We watched "Horton Hatches the Egg."  Dr. Seuss's shit is bizarre.  We've got a mother who abandons her child to a queer, one-track-mind elephant who is kidnapped and exploited and inexplicably gives birth to some perverse genetic mutation.  Yeah, good, uplifting family story.  The kids clapped at the end. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home