Thursday, December 01, 2016

1:56 PM Th 3-11-99
I have to remember to do that homework.  Have to figure out what to do about my taxes.  Have to figure out where to live.  Seems like there was something else.  It drizzled a little today, but it's sunny now.  Kayo came over last night.  I wrote him a letter of recommendation to get into CSUN's teacher credentialing program.  He gave me a ride to Shirelle's.  I put my bike in the back of his truck.  I rode to school from there on my bike.  I stopped at a Mexican grease pit on Beverly and had a Spanish omelet.  I got the check and dug into my pocket to find that I had no money.  I had to leave my wallet and backpack for collateral while I rode to an ATM.  I'm having a deja-vu.  One of my students gave me some sope fixin's last night.  I ate some of that thick tortilla right now.  There was an article in the paper today about Epictetus philosophy of stoicism.  I sat with Anna a few minutes at lunch.  Whatever.  I feel resigned to my fate today.  I have to type my fifteen minutes when I get home since I wasn't there to do it this morning.  I have a lot of email to reply to.  What else?  We have to have a grade-level meeting tomorrow.  I'll begin report cards.  I'm reading an essay about the evolution of airplanes.  Well, the kids are gone now, and I can go, too.  Maybe I'll figure out what else to write about after I've left this school.  6:21 PM  I'm at Pio Pico now.  I came early to play chess.  I played two games at once against fifth grade girls.  I won one and lost one.  Duh.  I started a story called "Terrific Mother."  It's a good story, by a woman named Lorrie Moore.  I walked up to a Chinese food/donut shop/ice cream parlor and got a cup of coffee and a donut.  I'm still hungry, though.  What else?
12:47 PM 3-12-99 F
I baked a dozen or so chicken wings around midnight last night.  I wasn't hungry, but they had been in the fridge a few days and needed to be cooked.  I figured I could eat them for lunch, but I ate them all last night.  I forgot to call LACAS about my lost check.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home