Wednesday, October 19, 2016

2-26-99 F 12:31 PM
Class again.  I've got indigestion from my Chinese lunch.  I took two Motrin for my aching shoulder, but it still aches.  I have the hiccups.  A little dyspeptic diaphragm.  I had a wee puff before I left the house this morning.  Flew to school on my bike.  Shawn gave me a newspaper.  I just finished reading it.  The kids read speeches to be class president.  They were all for not ever having homework again.  No one believed Hyna's speech.  They booed her and called her a liar.  The we studied about the pilgrims and the Mayflower.  Then we studied about subjects and predicates.  I told them we were going to cut a sentence into its parts, but I made it sound like we were going to dissect a frog.  They got excited.  The kids on the computer wanted to come back to their seats.  They didn't even seem disappointed that we just cut up sentences and not frogs.  Herschel brought in a survey that I have to fill out.  I haven't read any Vivid Dreams yet today.  I'm going to have to pedal home after school and pack for Vegas.  Maybe I'll meet Thing at a bar in Santa Monica.  Or maybe not.  We're supposed to go to Irvine tonight to see the UCI Film Society's screening of "Salad Days."  I guess I need to make a lesson plan for a sub for Monday.  That's not going to reflect well on my character.  Coane, the music teacher, and I talked about boxing a long while yesterday.  What else?  I have to pass out these field trip slips.  Maybe I should just go home and nap until Thing comes.  Maybe I should "play" computer with the kids.  Leslie just came and took Shawn for speech.  She's got nice melons.  [a pencil sketch of a raptor soaring among the turrets of a castle with a book in its talons]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home